Players hate shooting on an empty net in practice, but we all know how often it happens. Thanks to the generosity Floyd's Glass, Puckshots and Signs Now, Neebing Players will enjoy shooting on our new "Shooter Tutor" at Neebing Arena. In the finishing stages, it will be ready for use fall 2016.
True to tradition, the Novice and Atom teams capped off great seasons with a Night of awards and thanks at the Airlane Hotel. This was the 2nd of 3 Neebing Banquets. Peewee and Bantam teams celebrate tonight at 6pm.
Our PWA Hawks have done it again. To cap off an unprecedented season, the PWA Hawks have won the City Championship!
The series went 2 games to 1 against the Current River Comets, finishing with a decisive 6-1 victory in Saturday's championship game.
Can you say threepeat? This is the third consecutive season that Neebing has won the City Championship in the PW Division, and third consecutive season that Neebing has one the regular season overall.
Congratulations players, Coach DeDura and staff. #hawksproud
2016 Registration Policy
As new registration rules have been implemented by Hockey Canada and HNO it has become necessary to revise past practices that have been used by the LMHL. LMHL can no longer register players or collect full registration fees, so for this season it is the responsibility of the associations. To that end the following process will used by all Member Associations.
● All players are to register with ONE Association of their choice using the HOCKEY CANADA REGISTRY for all divisions, IP, Novice, Atom and Peewee, A and AA included.
● Should multiple registrations for one player be discovered the first registration will be deemed to be the official registration.
● For this reason, parents will need to make a conscious decision as to where they will be registering. YOU WILL NOT HAVE AN OPTION FOR A SECOND CHOICE.
● Registration will begin in Late May or Early June and will be advertised on the LMHL and Association websites. The start date will be the same for every Association.
● AA Player Registration will close on the LAST SUNDAY IN AUGUST (2016 = Aug. 28th) anyone looking to register after this date will be charged an additional $100 which will be payable LMHL at Jersey Pickup.
● Associations will supply an AA tryout spreadsheet listing to LMHL by 5 pm on the Monday following the close of registration (2016 = Sept.5)
● Single A/ Novice registration will close on the Monday following the AA tryout skate (2016 = Sept.12). Late registrations will be accepted by the associations on a first come first served basis and these players will be directed to those associations that still require players to fill teams.
● For Atom AA and Peewee AA ONLY - Tryout Jersey pickup and payment for the tryouts ($20) will take place during the last week of August first week of September. (2016 = Aug.31, Sept.1 and Sept.6) AA Tryouts will be held on the weekend following Labour Day (2016 = Sept. 10/11) Players will be advised of their tryout times for the weekend.
● Tryouts for Single A Atom and Peewee will be conducted by the associations following the AA draft (Draft 2016 = Sept.12) Players will be advised by the Associations.
● Players being selected to AA teams will be contacted immediately after the draft.
● For players that ARE NOT SELECTED to AA teams they will be dropped down to the association where they had registered and it will be up to that association to release them and transfer any fees collected at their discretion.